Data Privacy Statement
CFA Homeschool (CFAH) respects the individual’s right to privacy. In compliance with and guided by the implementing rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA 10173), the school is committed to protect the individual’s personal information. Therefore, the school has adapted the following measures to secure these.
- CFAH will not disclose student/parent/guardian personal data it collects and processes to any third party without the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- CFAH collects, stores and uses the student’s personal data to process application, registration, enrollment and administration and ensure that the student is provided with the needed facilities and services.
- Student personal data are stored manually and/or electronically and is maintained by CFAH. It forms part of the student’s Official School Education Records. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Admissions, Academic, Scholarship and Grants records maintained by the Administration Office.
- Health Records maintained by the Academic Department Office.
- Behavioral and Disciplinary records maintained by the Academic Department Office.
Student personal information collected include the following:
- Contact information
- Date and place of birth
- Religious affiliation
- Class Schedule
- Grade level classification
- Dates of Attendance
- Date of Graduation
- Health records including height and weight
- Family background including personal data of family members or guardians as necessary
- Records from previous educational institutions attended
- Degrees/Honors/Awards/Scholarships/Grants received
- Recordings from CCTV
- Photographs/videos/images of individual or in groups
- Performance records and participation in CFAH officially-recognized events, school activities, sports and organizations
- Guidance records
Parent/Guardian personal information collected include the following:
- Contact information
- Religious affiliation
- Financial documents (for Scholarship Application and Grants)
Sensitive Personal Information
In case CFAH would need to process sensitive personal information such as ethnicity, religious affiliation, disability, disciplinary and/or guidance records, financial data and other health data for the purposes of being able to provide equal opportunity, access and support to students when appropriate, expressed consent is required from the parent/guardian of the student (or the student him/herself, in case the student is 18 years old and above). Parent/guardian of students with additional support needs, as a result of a disability, specific learning difficulties, medical or mental conditions, are strongly encouraged to declare such information to the school.
Purpose of Collection
Student/Parent/Guardian personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- Processing of student application and enrollment
- Managing and evaluating student’s academic, deportment and behavioral process
- Providing personal advice and support
- Marketing and publicity of the school
- Maintaining directories and alumni records
- Conducting research for the improvement of programs, services and facilities
- Application/Renewal of Scholarships/Grant
- Posting and/or publishing of academic, cocurricular and extra-curricular achievements in the school’s announcement boards, website, social media sites and publications
- Providing medical/health services
- Maintaining student records
- Providing access to school facilities
- Maintaining safety and security
- Communicating official school announcements
- Analyzing historical and statistical data
- Graduation/Commencement Exercises
- Responding to verifications whether an individual is a bona fide student or a graduate of the School and other official background checks
- Complying with reportorial and other lawful requirements of government agencies
Disclosure of Personal Information
CFAH shall only disclose personal information contained in the student’s education records when there is a written consent from the parent/guardian of the student (or the student him/herself, in case the student is 18 years old and above), except when the disclosure is to school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in the records. A school official includes:
- A person employed by the School in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, security services, or support staff position, including health/medical staff or clerical staff who have access to the education record.
- A contractor, consultant, volunteer or other service provider whom the School has contracted as its agent to provide a service that would otherwise be performed by a School employee, such as (but not limited to) attorney, auditor, healthcare provider and security agency.
- A student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or who is assisting another school official in performing his/her tasks.
- A member of the School’s Board of Directors
A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official is:
- Performing a task that is specified in his/her position description or contract agreement.
- Performing a task related to the discipline of a student.
- Providing a service or benefit relating to the student or student’s family, such as health care, counseling, job placement or financial aid.
- Maintaining the safety and security of the school facilities.
Student personal information is shared internally within the School, when appropriate, to meet legitimate purposes. Data will only be shared between associates who have the official need to have access to it. Student personal information is also shared externally with the following:
- Government agencies for purposes of regulation and compliance with the law; barangay and city health office for health concerns.
- Scholarship/Grants Benefactors for purpose of application/renewal.
- Other schools (Transcript of Record, background checks, etc.)
- Educational Partners or Linkages
- Affiliates, partners and other third-party agencies as part of our regular business operations
Release or sharing of personal information which do not need student/parent/guardian consent:
- In case of serious security and health emergencies to protect the life and health of the student and others.
- To comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena.
Academic records of students and graduates shall be retained perpetually. Some personal information may be retained indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. Data will only be retained until they are still relevant for the School. In case when a retention period is provided, all records after such period will be securely disposed of. For unsuccessful school entrance application, personal information contained herein will be securely disposed of one year from date of application.
Parents/Guardians (or student in case the student is 18 years old and above) can have access to his/her child’s/ward’s (or his/her own if student reaches 18 years old) personal information kept by the School and may request a copy from the office personnel where the respective data is stored.
Data Accuracy, Correction, Blocking and Erasure
It is the duty of the school to ensure that the data it collects is accurate and has been processed fairly and lawfully. CFAH will annually post reminders for students to update and verify their personal information to keep them accurate. Parents/Guardians of Students (or the student in case the student is 18 years old) may object to the processing of his/her child’s/ward’s (or his/her own) personal data, request to access his/her personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked based on reasonable grounds. The School will act on the request in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures. If parent/guardian/student who is 18 years old and above wishes to exercise their rights related to correction, blocking or erasure, he/she may communicate with the office where the respective data is processed.
Data breach refers to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. In case of breach, CFAH will take the necessary steps to mitigate untoward effects of such breach. Any data security breach that comes to the knowledge of the School will be recorded and reported as required by law. If there is strong suspicion that breach affects student personal information, CFAH, through the immediate Department Head will inform the Data Protection Officer (DPO) who in turn will immediately notify affected parents/guardians/students of such breach in an appropriate manner. If the parent/guardian/student strongly believes that his/her personal information which is stored and processed by the school has been compromised, he/she shall file a written complaint to the School’s DPO for proper and immediate action.
The School reserves the right to modify/amend this Policy and Terms of Agreement at any time in its sole discretion. It will publish notice of this, by email announcement through the official CFAH email accounts.Queries and complaints can be directed to the Data Protection Officer at (02) 8721-1088 or email@example.com.